Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Problem about assembly

emrebo

Hi everyone , i am new catia user. As you see i want to draw this (its V type cement trailer ) Normally i am using solidwroks. I draw this part by part beacuse
we have plasma cut and i place on sheet metal. I drew all of parts on catia but cant assembly, i dont get it why it happening.

solidwroks 111.jpg

catia 123.jpg

You have to add assembly Constraints to position all the parts together. (just like adding Mates in SolidWorks)

First, right-click on one of the parts and choose Fix to lock it's position.

Then use the different types of Constraints (Coincidence, Contact, etc) from the menu on the right side to mate the other parts relative to the fixed part. You might want to use the online Help to learn about them.

Last edited:
i fixed first part

564.jpg

cant use contact constraint. i want to contact them mauth to mauth ( sorry for my bad english ^^)

lots of options here:

Instead of Contact constraint, you can use a Coincidence constraint. Or, an Offset constraint with distance = 0.

If the mouth surfaces are not planar, you might be able to use the axis planes to constrain to.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back