Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Simulating internal water flow on a turbine via SolidWorks

pimentgabriel

I have been trying to simulate a two stages turbine on SolidWorks flow simulation. It was working fine while I have some space between the turbine blades and the casing. Now, I have tried to tighten the space water has to flow so that it interacts more with the turbine blades.

There is one issue though: I get an error of "single flow condition in the closed subdomain". I suppose it is because I have not left any space for water to flow to the outlet, since I am forcing it to push the blades...

I have not defined a rotating region, since I want water to push the blades and not the other way around (am I wrong about this?).

How can I configure the simulation to explicitly tell Solidworks water is going to flow to the outlet since the openings will be created when the blades move? Can can I build an internal flow simulation with blades like this? Is there any reference I can use? Thank you.

This image shows my simulation from before: Most of the water is flowing between the rotors, and not pushing their blades (the casing is hidden for visualization, but is between both rotors). I have then tighten the space between the casing and the blades so that no water can flow there.
oldSimulation.jpg

same as mine, i succeed solving this by deleting the old lid. Basically, im simulating the airflow of body throttle engine air intake. when i add new tube at the end of the body throttle and adding new lid(outlet) without deleting the old lid(outlet), it will face the "single flow condition in the closed subdomain". By solving this, i delete the old lid (outlet) and it came out perfectly. Hope you understand what im trying to say here!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back