Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solid Edge ST8 Drafting - Feature Control Frame Subfix and More

ScottyLynch.K

Hello All,

This is my first post. Thank you for your help. I am relatively new to Solid Edge (ST8). My main experience is NX12 and Solid Works 2016. I have a few questions regarding feature control frames in drafting mode.

1. Is there a way to create a subfix or prefix like you can with a dimension in the feature control frame? For example, I want the feature control frame to say:

|PROFILE|.001|A|B|
FROM A TO B

In NX, there are multiple ways to do this. I can snap text to the feature control frame, or I can enter text into the subfix field below the data fields for the feature control frame. Can you do anything like this in Solid Edge ST8? I do not want the two notes to be disassociated because that is how drawings get messed up quickly.

2. Additionally, is there an easy way to connect or snap a feature control frame to a dimension (e.g. a true position connected to a hole diameter)?

3. Finally, is there an easy way to have feature control frames embedded in a text box? I find this is useful for general tolerance notes. For example:

U.O.S. All holes shall be |TRUE POSITION|.010|A|B|.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Scott

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back