Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA v5 Sliding Contact Problem (Planar over Cylindrical Sliding Problem)

hashirali93

Hi everyone!

I have designed something related to Jigs & Fixtures (which is related to Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Process). I have created Single Locator (which is cylindrical in shape and attached to the wall) and called it Six times in my assembly design. There is a Point contact between Rectangular block and these 06 Locators (Locators are attached in 3-2-1 configuration). Now I am applying Load on "-z","-y" & "-x" axes and I want this rectangular block to slide over the cylindrical surface of Locators. But Locators are actually displacing along with Rectangular block (and simulation is acting like, point of contact/nodal contact between rectangular and cylindrical surface is fixed due to which Rectangular block is dragging the Cylindrical Locators along with it.

P.S: Rectangular block is undeformable/rigid. Locators are rigid but they can/should displace AXIALLY only and No rotation No non-axial movement is/should be allowed.
If I try to make locators rigid, just like a Rectangular block, the Rectangular block will not displace at all (just because, as I said earlier, the point of contact will act like a fixed contact and as a locator cant move, so it will not allow Rectangular block to slide freely on it either).

Help will be much appreciated. :)

Attachments

• SS1.JPG
    SS1.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 2
  • SS2.JPG
    SS2.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 2

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back