Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How can I save an assembly as a part to use the combine tool? (create a negative shap

yagotuneli

Hello

I'm Yago and I'm from Brazil.

I need to print a 3D part and this part need to be a negative form of an assembly (M600 PRO Drone image attached). I'm tried to do this using the combine tool from Solidworks 2017.

My question is how can I save an assembly as a part to use the combine tool? The part needs to appear like a solid body and I can't get this result.

I've tried possibilities like:

-Save the assembly as a part;

-Defeature tool;

-Convert to bodies.

The problem is that the final part is not a solid body and the combine tool can't be used or some parts appears like surface and the tool doesn't work.

Could somebody help me out with problem? I can send the files to who needs after because they exceed the maximum size allowed here.

There are two pictures attached to show how I need the negative form.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• M600 PRO.JPG
    M600 PRO.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 0
  • M600 PRO_negative.JPG
    M600 PRO_negative.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 0

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back