Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

morph an input hole shape to a different output hole shape in a solid block

I'm looking to model a tape former that takes a flat tape and rolls it up into a tube around a bunch of cables. Currently this is performed using a formed sheet of tin but with the foil constantly running over this tin it is wearing it out. The idea is to take a block of steel 60 x 60 x 140mm and wire erode the former inside this block. This can then be coated with a wear resistance coating and possible water cooled. I have tried googling how to morph one shape into another but my googlefu has let me down. I have attached pictures of what we currently use and what I would like the input and output holes to look like, unfortunately its the bit in the middle that is alluding me.

I have also included a numbered diagram to show how the morph should translate from one side of the block the other

any help would be appreciated

Regards

Ian

Attachments

• Tube Points 1-14.JPG
    Tube Points 1-14.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Output tube Dimensioned.JPG
    Output tube Dimensioned.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg