Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA v5 (How to achieve sliding motion)

hashirali93

I want to know if we can Slide any 3-D geometry (say rectangular block i.e. 1st part) over a fixed geometry (say cylindrical shaped ball or something like that i.e. 2nd part). I mean to say, rectangular block should be able to slide freely under some loading force but the second body with which it is in contact should remain Rigid and stationary.

I have tried to contact both surfaces and it gave me "POINT CONTACT". Then I made 2nd part rigid and clamped it for zero translation in any direction. But when I applied a load (only Force in Newtons), 1st part does not slide over 2nd part at all. If I clamp only base of 2nd part, 1st part slides but abnormal behavior (like, both 1st and 2nd parts become attached at a point of contact and translate together).

Help Please !!!!!!!

Attachments

• Painted.jpg
    Painted.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 0

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back