Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Oloid composite surface issue

Figsomes

I am trying to make an Oloid oloid2.jpg. I saw someone create one of these with Onshape using two sketches followed by a composite curve joining to the two sketches to make the surface feature geometry. Tutorial reference here. I tried doing this with two 2d sketches, it didn't work, so I tried it again with two 3d sketches and it still did not work. When I go to the composite curve I do not receive an error when trying to finish off the surface feature by pressing the green X, but it does nothing instead. It doesn't advance me past that feature such that I can continue on with my model, it just sits there as if it's waiting for me to add another curve to the composite.

I am using solidworks 2013. My solidwork part files are below

Two 2d sketches attempt
Two 3d sketches attempt

( I was unable to upload the files directly to the forum using the manage attachments option so I have provided links to the solidwork parts )

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back