Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

This edge is not extruded

Mans

I want to extrude the edge in the plane direction but receive the error message. It is extruded in other direction that are wrong the directions for the edge

untitled-3.jpg

The highlighted plane (red) looks OK for the direction in the view above, but maybe it's an optical illusion???

To extrude a surface from that profile, try defining the direction by selecting the line (edge) I circled in green.
extrude.JPG

Last edited:
After posting the question I tried to find the failure by myself so I did examine other ways to create the edge among sweep, but my effort was in vain.

Finally I realized there was a defect in the edge and I decided to cut the end of that (shorten it) because I estimated there was a curve with an intense angle which was created before unwanted. after cutting both the method of extrude and sweep worked orderly, but I used sweep to connect the two edges, because extruding the red edge could create two separate involving edges.

1.jpg

Nonetheless, your advise is a good experience for me for the next works

Thank you very much :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back