Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Sketch rotation and parameterization

jj-gr

I designed a rear wing of a F1 car with imported airfoil coordinates. I used offset from plane for the length and with project 3d elements I designed the other end. I wanted an airfoil with different geometries at the center and near the edges, so I rotated the airfoil within the sketch mode. Also, in order to control the spline of the multi-section that i was going to do, I used more planes and project 3d element, and then points and spline to create a guideline. My goal is to rotate only the two outer sketches and every other sketch in between rotates accordingly and then create two external parameters with the angle of those two airfoil sketches. Is it possible?

Is it possible? Yes, you can set up parameters to control the angle of the airfoil sections which control the twist of the airfoil surface.

(if you want specifics, please attach a picture of the airfoil. A picture of your CATIA screen would be helpful also - please include the tree diagram so we can see what you have done so far)

Last edited:
MrCatia thank you for the quick response. Attached you will find a screenshot with the airfoil and the multi-section that will give you a rough idea of what I have done so far. The tree diagram can't fit in the screen.Screenshot_50.jpg

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back