Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

problem with hiding products in the tree

Solaris

Hi

I'm having trouble with the catia tree
When I hide a product in the catia tree, appearance it changes to Pale color after it is hidden but if I do that by right clicking on the product in page, the product will be hidden but the catia tree will not change the view and cannot be found later

00.jpg
01.jpg
002.jpg

When you click things in the tree, you know exactly what you are picking. But when you click on the graphics, you don't know. You might have selected the component, or the instance, or the part, or the body, or a pad, or even a face!

Several ways to find out what's hidden: You could expand the tree, and keep expanding it till you see what is pale (grayed out). Or you could use the Swap Visible Space icon (bottom menu) to swap to the HIDE screen. But I like to use the Graphic Wizard to see exactly what's happening.

GraphicProp.gif

To use the Graphic Wizard:
1. I don't see the toolbar in your images, so click View + Toolbars + Graphic Properties to see the toolbar. The Graphics Wizard is the last icon (right side) in the toolbar
2. click the Swap Visible Space icon to see what's hidden
3. click the Graphic Wizard icon and change the mode to Hide/Show
4. click on the object to see a list of the current status

GraphicWizard.jpg

Use the online Help to learn more about CATIA's Graphic Wizard, or click http://catiadoc.free.fr/online/basug_C2/basugbt0710.htm

Last edited:
Thank you for your response
Your solution is right and usable, but when there are so many products and components in the design we come up with Swap Visible Space and a busy image (like the one below) Is there a way to find hidden components by type search (e.g. By filtering the product or body) or changing the tree display by hiding right-clicking on the product.

0001.jpg
002.jpg002.jpg

I don't have a specific solution for you, but there are several CATIA things that might help:

Edit + Search might be helpful to find components by searching by color, name, layer, etc. (a shortcut is to type "n: XXXX" in the lower-right corner to search the tree for name)

Move parts into sub-components to group them together, such as fasteners. You can Hide/Show the entire group in one click, plus it makes the tree shorter.

Use Enhanced Scenes to save different combinations of hidden parts, so you can quickly call up scenes that you're familiar with.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back