Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Error :One guide has relimited

Hassaan awan

During sweep,sometimes i get the error of (One guide has relimited) and (Check all guides and spine consistency).What does it mean by spine consistency,kindly reply i am beginner in using GSD.

Thanks

Maybe one or more of the curves is too short, but that's just a guess.

Could you include a screen shot of what you're doing when you get this message. Then we can try to figure out what is causing this error, instead of guessing.

1.jpg
That is with three guide curves and in the other picture I decreased the distance of side guide curves on both sides and changed the spine element to sketch20 which is the middle guide curve and I also want to know that how changing the spine element effects the sweep.
2.jpg
Thanks

I think the surface is OK. The message is just a warning, letting you know that the surface does not extend to the ends of the guide curves. The surface has been limited to the shortest guide on each end.

(the pictures are too small to read, so I had to take a guess)

I also want to know that how changing the spine element effects the sweep.

A "spine" is a curve that represents a series of invisible planes, with each plane being perpendicular to the spine curve. (If the spine is a straight line, then all the planes are parallel to each other. If the spine is a circle, then all the planes are radial. When the spine is a freeform curve, then the planes are not parallel and they follow the shape of the curve.)

A Swept Surface is created by fitting a surface through a series of planar cross-sections, and these cross-sections lay on each of the planes defined by the spine curve.

I hope this helps. You can probably see the effect of different spines by using your Swept Surface example. Copy the surface and change the spine to be the axis, and look at the new surface compared to the original surface. Looking down from the top might also help see the difference.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back