Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Is FreeStyle as a per-design workbench?

Mans

Is FreeStyle as a per-design workbench ( a per-design to attain a whole imagination of an object without dimensions and engineering calculations)?

In the other word, is it used to create an initial design for another main industrial designing in GSD or PD, or its final output can be used directly for a complete project in the industries?

Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Yes, surfaces (Freestyle or GSD) typically are the initial shape (pre-design), with the final detailed 3D model being done in Part Design (solids).

Last edited:
I got it. I recently realized, all workbenches of Catia are connected to each other and sometimes for completing a project the user has to transfer his work to another workbench to add some new features to his design that just exist in the same section.

My question was because, I didn't see any sketch icon in FreeStyle workbench so I wondered how the designer can consider dimensions for his work.

Thank you

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back