Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Can you help with this AMD Workstation build for Solidworks, Which GPU, MB TR3 Proces

Spikey

Can you advise on this Content Creation Build I am trying to finaise in regards use with Solidworks and Keyshot please?

Will the AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x 24 core be fine or is it essential for the £500 more 3970x with 32?
Budget wise prefer the cheaper at the moment

Should I go for a Quadro RTX4000 or 3XS EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLOWER Graphics Card for the software and use below?

How important is it to have a separate operating system, Project and Scratch disk SSD?

Also Which TRX40 Motherboard (looking at brand and model reliability, bios, durability etc as well as features)

• ASUS PRIME TRX40-PRO
  • ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING
  • ASRock TRX40 Taichi
  • Gigabyte TRX40 Designare
  • MSI TRX40 Creator

Custom build supplier companies like Scan uk and PC Specilist seem to be pushing the ASUS Prime Pro, Rog Strric and Zenth Extreme boards whilst feature wise the MSI Creator, Gigabyte Designare and Taichi boards seem to be inbetween price with more features but are their unrelaible etc?

RAM - Looking to include 64gb or corsair Vengence LPX ram

STORAGE - 2x Seagate Ironwolf 4tb 7200 Hard drives in a raid 1 pair for storage

OPERATING SYSTEM DRIVE - 1TB (or 2 if affordable dep on rest of build) 4th Gen SSd such as a Corsair Force, Seagate Firecuda 520 or Gigabyte Aurus

COOLER - Note sure on a NOCTUA NH-U14S TR4-SP3 or CORSAIR Hydro H100i Addressable RGB PLATINUM Liquid/Water Intel/AMD CPU Cooler

CASE - Fractal Define R6 Grey USB-C Midi PC Gaming Case or Prefered BE QUIET! DARK BASE PRO 900 REV. 2 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

This would be for:
This is based around what I use, am learning or looking to learn and what comes up frequently in job adverts I appply to. Looking to get entry level 3d design and work as a film extra, looking to get into effects and as this is difficult looking to have a go at making youtube video and Podcastign ideas myself.

• Solidworks (Plus rendering on Keyshot)
  • Rhino (Plus rendering on V-Ray and use of Rhino Plugins and Addons)
  • Vectorworks
  • Adobe Premier (including effects like Greenscreen. Looking for a studio kit soon after workstation build subject to cost) 4k video
  • Adobe Encoder for Transcoding
  • Adobe After Effects

• Looking to Learn Sketch UX/UI and Wireframing
  • Podcasting with Adobe Audition (Interested in a XLR podcast /Audio narrate set up. Most likely soon after depending on workstation cost)
  • Looking to Learn Google Sketchup
  • Lookign to Learn Cinema 4D (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
  • Looking to Learn 3D Studio max (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
  • Looking to Learn Z Brush
  • Looking to Learn Mudbox
  • Looking to Learn Maya (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
  • Autodesk Alias

Looking to Learn Nuke
Looking to Learn Autocad
Looking to Learn Autodesk Inventor
Looking to Learn Modo and other Foundary software
Looking to Learn Softimage (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)

Currently frequently use

Graphics Photoshop
In Design
Excel

Looking to learn Adobe Lightroom for use with a SLR camera Im looking to get.

Typically there will be lots of multitasking such as trying to edit on Premier, rendering a video, Word and Excel open, 20 or so browser tabs open
On multiple displays looking to move to 3 as get , possible a game operating in the background, watching downloaded videos, downloading files or torrents at the same time.

Several of the above come up frequently in job adverts I am seeking hence looking to learn.

Currely using Solidworks, Premier, recently did Vectorworks, Rhino and Podcasting courses and lookign to develop these skills

Will the AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x 24 core be fine or is it essential for the £500 more 3970x with 32?
Budget wise prefer the cheaper at the moment

Should I go for a Quadro RTX4000 or 3XS EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLOWER Graphics Card for the software and use below?

How important is it to have a separate operating system, Project and Scratch disk SSD?

Also Which TRX40 Motherboard (looking at brand and model reliability, bios, durability etc as well as features)

• ASUS PRIME TRX40-PRO
  • ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING
  • ASRock TRX40 Taichi
  • Gigabyte TRX40 Designare
  • MSI TRX40 Creator

Custom build supplier companies like Scan uk and PC Specilist seem to be pushing the ASUS Prime Pro, Rog Strric and Zenth Extreme boards whilst feature wise the MSI Creator, Gigabyte Designare and Taichi boards seem to be inbetween price with more features but are their unrelaible etc?

RAM
- Looking to include 64gb or corsair Vengence LPX ram

STORAGE - 2x Seagate Ironwolf 4tb 7200 Hard drives in a raid 1 pair for storage

OPERATING SYSTEM DRIVE - 1TB (or 2 if affordable dep on rest of build) 4th Gen SSd such as a Corsair Force, Seagate Firecuda 520 or Gigabyte Aurus

COOLER
- Note sure on a NOCTUA NH-U14S TR4-SP3 or CORSAIR Hydro H100i Addressable RGB PLATINUM Liquid/Water Intel/AMD CPU Cooler

CASE
- Fractal Define R6 Grey USB-C Midi PC Gaming Case or Prefered BE QUIET! DARK BASE PRO 900 REV. 2 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

This would be for:
This is based around what I use, am learning or looking to learn and what comes up frequently in job adverts I appply to. Looking to get entry level 3d design and work as a film extra, looking to get into effects and as this is difficult looking to have a go at making youtube video and Podcastign ideas myself.

• Adobe Premier (including effects like Greenscreen. Looking for a studio kit soon after workstation build subject to cost) 4k video
  • Adobe Encoder for Transcoding
  • Adobe After Effects
  • Solidworks (Plus rendering on Keyshot)
  • Rhino (Plus rendering on V-Ray and use of Rhino Plugins and Addons)
  • Vectorworks
  • Looking to Learn Sketch UX/UI and Wireframing
  • Podcasting with Adobe Audition (Interested in a XLR podcast /Audio narrate set up. Most likely soon after depending on workstation cost)
  • Looking to Learn Google Sketchup
  • Lookign to Learn Cinema 4D (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
  • Looking to Learn 3D Studio max (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
  • Looking to Learn Z Brush
  • Looking to Learn Mudbox
  • Looking to Learn Maya (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
  • Autodesk Alias

• Looking to Learn Nuke
  • Looking to Learn Autocad
  • Looking to Learn Autodesk Inventor
  • Looking to Learn Modo and other Foundary software
  • Looking to Learn Softimage (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)

Currently frequently use

Graphics Photoshop
In Design
Excel

Looking to learn Adobe Lightroom for use with a SLR camera Im looking to get.

Typically there will be lots of multitasking such as trying to edit on Premier, rendering a video, Word and Excel open, 20 or so browser tabs open
On multiple displays looking to move to 3 as get , possible a game operating in the background, watching downloaded videos, downloading files or torrents at the same time.

Several of the above come up frequently in job adverts I am seeking hence looking to learn.

Currely using Solidworks, Premier, recently did Vectorworks, Rhino and Podcasting courses and lookign to develop these skills

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back