Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creating a crimped end on a pipe

Kirk115

I'm seeking help creating a crimped end on a pipe. I was trying to do a loft between two sections, (one section is the original pipe and the other being the crimped section) but for some reason the loft won't generate.
Any ideas of what I can do?

Attached are pics of the part I have at the moment and what is trying to be done.

there are two errors I am getting when lofting are either

1st: "the feature could not be created because it would produce self intersecting geometry" which is when I select the OD of the pipe and then the surfaces all around the smaller surface

2nd: " the end sections for a loft must be either planar or 3d faces or surfaces. A 3d section that does not bound a face or surface cannot be used as an end section." this is when I select the OD of both sections

I'm not very experienced with the loft feature so I could be doing something wrong.

using SW2019

Crimped pipe.jpg

Crimped pipe #2.jpg

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back