Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CPU for a new PC build for NX12

Martin27

Good Morning to you All,

Our company is currently using Siemens NX9 and will shortly be upgrading to NX12. I have been asked to build a reasonably spec’d PC without breaking the bank for evaluation before committing to future purchases. I would be using the Advanced Designer Bundle only on NX and my initial thoughts on the spec would be something along the lines as shown below :-

Motherboard with Intel Z390 chipset
Intel Core i7-8700k CPU
32GB DDR4 Memory
1TB M.2 PCIe 3x4 SSD
Nvidia Quadro P4000 Graphics Card (New but inherited from another PC)
Corsair Hydro CPU Cooler

My only question at this stage concerns the CPU. I have initially chosen the Intel Core i7-8700k CPU which although is not a new CPU, I understand that it is still a very capable CPU for this type of application. However, I would like to gain more of an understanding on how NX performs depending on what CPU is used, i.e., with regards to the number of cores/threads present, hence would NX benefit from the ‘more cores the better scenario’ and/or just outright CPU speed.

Ultimately, would I benefit from stepping up to a 9th generation i7 or i9 CPU for my build, again without going overboard on the price?

I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me on this subject please. Thank you in anticipation.

Kind Regards,
Martin27.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back