Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do I access " optical shape design"

Mans

I found a pdf that explains about creating "optical shape design". I the first step it points to creating a "parabolic surface". I neither could find "optical shape design" nor "parabolic surface" in Catia v5 workbenches.

But when I went back to the first page I noticed this title that probably point to an extra application that should be added to Catia v5. please explain herein.

This looks like a third-party software app that runs inside of CATIA. You will have to buy the software from OPTIS (a company owned by ANSYS), and install it with your CATIA system.

Is it helpful or it is possible the optical shapes are made by Catia with other methods solely?

Yes. Probably the OPTIS programmers wrote their program using CATIA's CAA macros/routines. The CAA provided the GUI, the data structure and file system, and shape design tools, so that the OPTIS programmers only had to work on the optics methods and application.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back