Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks fillet settings

basheerabdul145

I want a smooth circular fillet with no ups and downs on the wall of a conical part with varying profile. While applying the fillet, solidworks is creating ups and downs in the fillet making it oval with sharp edges wherever the diameter of cone is varying along its central axis.
I have asked this question on quora for better understanding with images in the first answer.

I request you all to please guide me on this.

Link to quora with Images.
https://www.quora.com/I-need-a-circ...rcular-as-per?ch=10&share=63d25f52&srid=uZCSG

I've had a similar issue and I was able to fix it by going into the fillet that's generating that feature and going down to the very bottom to "Fillet Options". Under fillet options I'd try toggling "keep features" or under Overflow Type, switch from default to "keep surface or "keep edge".

Some combination of those commands might get you what you want. Those commands allow the radius to form like the radius continues out into space instead of varying the size of the fillet to fit the available space.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back