Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Hide Sectioning tool lines

mystic97z

I am using the SECTIONING tool to hide some geometry in an assembly for a screenshot. The sectioning tool uses a plane and creates lines through the section cut. How can I hide those lines? I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

If you're asking about the perimeter of the section cut, I don't think you can turn those lines off.

The Space Analysis license does have some extra options for Sections, such as color fill. That might be a good alternative for your screenshots.

if you can imagine a model of a screw driver, i'm doing a SECTIONING half way down the metal shaft, so lets say i'm "trimming" away the phillips tip. When I rotate my model so i'm looking down the screw driver lengthwise, but the handle is closest to my face and the tip would be pointing away from me, I see a circle centered on the screwdriver handle, and that circle is from the section cut that's 6" down the screwdriver.
wouldn't you think that would be a basic option of a section cut tool? To hide or show those lines?!

Toggle Z-buffer option on and the display will not show background curves/points/planes/etc.

Tools>options>visualization>display all elements using Z-buffer depth.

I tend to toggle this option on/off slot for screen shots. Recording a macro for on and one for off and placing in a toolbar makes for a quick toggle.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back