Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Dreaded "Non Connext" error for loft

MTLian

Hello,

I'm currently trying to make a tapered, sweptback wing (just a surface for now). I use the point coordinates for the airfoil and make a spline to connect them. Then I filter and turn the point cloud into construction geometry. For some reason, the large airfoil gets selected but the small one gets non connex. I've tried use the sketch analyser and it appears that it is a closed contour. Any ideas. Anyone have experience with airfoils?

A picture and some more details would help us try to answer your question. I guess you're using the Multi-Section Surface tool to make the surface.

I'm not an airfoil expert; but rather than a single surface, I breakdown airfoils into 3 curves: top, bottom, and leading edge. I then make 3 lofted surfaces (Multi-Section Surface) and add a thin trailing surface at the back. But using single splines should work as well.

Check your smaller spline closely for any loops or bumps. A Porcupine analysis will help.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back