Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rest of structure not showing after small alteration

cghw01

Hello,
I am a CATIA newbie, so my apologies if this has been answered before.

I have a tubular structure with various holes and pockets. I made a change to the length of the tube, but then all the other structure disappeared and I am left with a basic tube. I put the length back to what it was, but the structure remains just a tube. Does anyone have an idea why I can´t see the other structures on my tube? The tree remains the same.

Thanks
Chris

Look closely at the tree for a feature that is underlined. It's probably the tube you just modified, maybe.

In CATIA, the underlined feature is called the "current work object." When you update the model, CATIA goes down through the history tree and rebuilds everything but it stops at the underlined "current work object." And you only see all the features above that feature.

To see everything, right-click on the Part Body and choose the Define in Work Object item. This will underline the last feature in the Part Body, and you should see everything.

Problem solved

Thanks,
that solved the problem.
Chris

Look closely at the tree for a feature that is underlined. It's probably the tube you just modified, maybe.

In CATIA, the underlined feature is called the "current work object." When you update the model, CATIA goes down through the history tree and rebuilds everything but it stops at the underlined "current work object." And you only see all the features above that feature.

To see everything, right-click on the Part Body and choose the Define in Work Object item. This will underline the last feature in the Part Body, and you should see everything.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back