Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Merge sketch segements together to form one entity/figure in CATIA V5

Rcer

Hi everyone!

Does CATIA V5 have an sketch tool equivalent to Solidworks' Fit Spline? I'm trying to merge a drawing that has different line, curve and spline segments into a sole entity/figure, but I can't find a tool that accomplishes this.

Cheers!

Figure.jpg

I don't know what "Fit Spline" does.

CATIA has a tool called Join that will concatenate continuous line and curve segments into a single curve.

Hi MrCATIA, thank you for your reply.

I did try with the Join command, but unfortunately it has not merged the segments since the points are still there. What Fit Spline does in Solidworks is effectively merge all the segments of a drawing (line, curves and splines) into a single continuous spline shape, which is what I intend to do in CATIA with this drawing.

Due to these segments not being merged, they are causing issues when I try to create a Multi-Sections Surface, since they don't have the same shape/measures as the next sketch, and I get the "extrusion of a vertex lead to a cusp" error.
Multi-sections error.jpg

In the Multi-Section Surface picture, there are 2 red arrows that are not pointing in the same direction. One arrow is at the very top, and the other is the lower-right. Click on one of those arrows to flip it, so both arrows are pointing the same (clockwise).

I flipped the top arrow to point in the same direction, but unfortunately I still get this error.

Multi-Sections error.jpg

Sorry for the late reply - but what do you mean when you say the points are still there? Are you getting error when using the Join command? Or are you referring to the points the Join command leaves? If that's the case, try using Smooth Curve to eliminate the join points.

Hi everyone!

Does CATIA V5 have an sketch tool equivalent to Solidworks' Fit Spline? I'm trying to merge a drawing that has different line, curve and spline segments into a sole entity/figure, but I can't find a tool that accomplishes this.

Cheers!

View attachment 2401
Hi Rcer, I'm having the same problem as you. Did you find an equivalent way to do the Soldiworks' "Fit Spline" feature in CATIA? If so please post it here. Thanks in advance.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back