Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help required with Fillet onto circular object

panigale

Hi Everyone,

I need assistance with fillet from a rectangular surface to a circular solid 11697 - Copy.JPG. Also the bottom section has to be filleted nicely around the curvature of the circle.
Any ideas/approach so as to seamlessly guide the fillet around the radius of the circle 11697 catia.jpg ?
(Other than using multi-section solid as I think that would be my last option.)

11697 - Copy.JPG11697 catia.jpg

Do the two faces touch each other, with no gap in-between them?

I don't think your CATIA shape matches the blue photo. And adding fillets only will not make them match.

My suggestion is to trim back both sides, and fill the gap with a transition piece. Then add the vertical fillets.

Yes both faces touches each other with no gap.

"fill the gap with a transition piece" - Would adding a transition piece be detrimental in FEA analysis as it does not constitute to a "fully extruded part" i.e piece by piece.

However, I agree on trimming so as to match the geometry and adding vert fillet.

The red circles indicate areas to add fillet

What concerns me is the 4 corners of the rectangular section. (one of the 4 corners is identified with the lower red circle.) If you can somehow remove, or trim back those corners, then you can add the 4 fillets with no problem. Maybe a Removed Loft could be used?

Y
"fill the gap with a transition piece" - Would adding a transition piece be detrimental in FEA analysis as it does not constitute to a "fully extruded part" i.e piece by piece.

I was thinking of a Multi-Section Solid for the transition piece (or maybe I should say 'feature') used to fill the gap. So, no, it won't be detrimental to the solid shape for FEA. But it might deviate from the picture of the actual part.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back