Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Bevel Gears - Kinematics and Product

Luru

Hello everyone,
I have problems with my bevel gear model. I have to design the parts in the attached pictures. They are 2 shafts with a Pinion and a Gear. I also want to simulate the motion with the Kinematics. The first shaft moves with the pinion and the gear moves consequently with the other shaft. 647391.jpg
I have followed the following tutorial for the design of the bevel gears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOAoR6VycKA&t=4068s
With this tutorial I have also understood that the shaft in catia must be in the same "Part" and you cannot create two different parts: "Shaft1" and "Shaft2"... I really don't understand why

I have put the two shaft in the same part (following the aforementioned tutorial) and I am able to simulate the mechanism, even though with a lot of problems :
The first one is that the mechanism is with intersections, the two gear interfere with one another and don't move together.
Moreover another problem is that to design the Shafts I had to put some constraints inside the sketchs of the shaft, but when I try to simulate the mechanism I receive the error "Mechanism cannot be simulated becouse is over constrained" and I don't understand why...

If someone would be so kind to try to help me, you can reply under this thread or send me a PM for more informations.. I can send you the parts and the product so that you could see with your own hands what's going on..
ThanksPerForum1.jpg

(sorry - I didn't watch the video tutorial)

Do you have a housing part in the assembly? If not, please add one (it doesn't have to be detailed). Draw both centerlines of the shafts in this housing part - they will be the centerlines of the holes that the shafts rotate about.

Hide the centerlines in the shaft parts.

In the Kinematics;

- the Gear joint should use the two centerlines in the housing.
- the housing part is Fixed
- use Rigid joints to attach each shaft to it's corresponding gear

Last edited:
Once you're able to simulate the kinematics, you can Hide the housing part. Or maybe Cut it in half to make a nicer picture.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back