Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Three Body Assembly with Screws

Krispee

Hi all.
Okay, I'm obviously missing something here because I've been at it for a while and can't find a solution.
42-20383_Assembly.JPG

In the above image I have a simple three body assembly, two identical ends with 10-32 UNF screws that clamp each of those ends to the main centre body. I mate the ends using a concentric mate then a coincident mate to mate the inside face of the end to the outside face of the centre body. To further connect the parts I have to align the 10-32 screw holes of the ends and the centre body. This is where I get a message telling me if I do that I will over define the assembly. I can mate the screws to the ends by concentric mating the holes of both and then coincident mating the outside edge of the screw with the outside edge of the c'sink holes in the ends. But solidworks won't allow me to add two concentric mates on any of the parts.
I've been looking at this for a while, trying different things, and will continue to do so, but if anyone has a solve I would appreciate it.

Regards.
Kris

Ok, found a solution, if anyone's interested.
If you choose the Mate icon when in assembly there is a small icon underneath the Mate Selections box, called 'Multiple Mate Mode', that does the trick.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back