Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Over constraints error during building the kinematics(joints) by FOI method

Greetings
I'm totally new to delmia software ,I started a week ago .
I have used this software to simulate a hybrid robot and had a simple guide from a thesis(chalmers).
In the beginning it was good until this error showed out of the blue "the mechanism is over constrained".
I searched the thesis well and find this paragraph "The reason of such a case is usually resulting from the fact that the algorithm behind DELMIA V5’s forward kinematics is not able to find a point in the working space to create the necessary constraints for the joint. In order to overcome such a problem, users can easily drag/rotate the respective part to a point that is close to the center of prospective joint. Usually, the relocation of these parts results in the successful assembly; however, the outcome may differ from what users expect. Even if the over-constraint case did not happen, the algorithm described above can cause unexpected problems such as the case in which the mobile parts of the robot are diving through each other"
I tried to do this but it doesn't change at all,so I'm grateful if someone can help me.
tgtgtg.jpg

Last edited:
I guess there's not that many DELMIA users that visit here. Have you tried contacting the company who sold you the software?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back