Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Render Materials

S

Sharon Roberts

Can someone please tell me how to render material to a solid. I have got as far as rendering eg: brickwork to a solid but as soon as I either pan or zoom, the rendering disappears from the solid. What can I do to retain the rendering for printing purposes. Where am I going wrong.:confused:

When rendering in AutoCAD, the default output is to the screen. Any redraws or refreshes will wipe out what you have rendered. To get printable output, do one of two things. Plot the drawing with a PS viewport set to render. (Highlight grips on PS viewport. Right click on grip, choose display, then render. The other method is to set rendering to a file such as .tif or .jpeg. This is done in the render window when you choose RENDER. Hope that helps.
Mike McGuire

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back