Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Cross section in assembly

Monrad

Hi...
I would like to make an cross section in an assembly, but the cross section can only intersect on part!!! I want to deselect parts in the cross section!
Is that possible?
Hope you understand!

Cheers

Hi...
I would like to make an cross section in an assembly, but the cross section can only intersect on part!!! I want to deselect parts in the cross section!
Is that possible?
Hope you understand!

Cheers
In the event you cannot view YouTube (my IT department has it blocked) and you have Wildfire 3, try this:
Select View Manager (in View drop down menu).
Select Xsec (cross-section) tab.
Select cross-section you wish to modify. (Cross-section must exist, sorry)
Select Edit (or right click) and choose Redefine.
Choose Hatching.
For each part you wish to exclude from your cross-section, choose "Excl Comp".
Choose Done.
Choose Done/Return.
Close View Manager.

This is similar to the method employed in the Drawing mode.

Hi...
Is that possible?
Hope you understand!

Cheers
In the event you cannot view YouTube (my IT department has blocked it) and you have Wildfire 3, try the following:
In Assembly mode (this is a similar method to what is done in Drawing Mode)-
Select View Manager in the View drop down menu.
Select Xsec (cross-section) tab.
Select cross-section you wish to modify. (sorry, the cross-section must already exist)
Select Edit or right click and choose Redefine.
Choose Hatching.
For each part you wish to exclude from the particular cross-section, choose "Excl Comp".
Choose Done.
Choose Done/Enter.
Close View Manager.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back