Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

V20 Problems with Vista?

C

Chuck Reamer

I have just installed V20 on my new Vista PC, it will run but has a problem. After a couple of minutes it stops responding, works fine up till then.

Has anyone else experienced problems with Vista and V20, is there a setting I could try to play with that may help the situation.

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem.
I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Core Duo 1,73 with 2 GB RAM and a GeForce Go 7400.
I have installed the Service Pack 7 today but there is no change (might even get worse, but just a feeling). In the readme of the update it says:
Code:
This release of Solid Edge has been certified to run on the following:
· Windows XP Professional® operating system (32 bit or 64 bit)
· Windows Vista Business® or Vista Enterprise® operating system (32 bit or 64 bit)
· Internet Explorer 7.0 (IE 6.0 minimum)
According to this the Home Premium version of Vista seems to be the problem.

Anyone having an idea?

I think I found a solution. After installing the latest nVidia drivers for my card it didn't crash anymore.
Maybe it's only the solution for my system, maybe although for other's...

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back