Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Assembly Components constraint

Artemas

Hi,
I have an assembly where if any part is placed I can constrain that part, but the free movement in the unconstrained is not allowed. If I create a new assembly and place the same two components in that new assembly I can place a single constraint and get the free movement I am use to in the unconstrained dof.
Any suggestions.

By default, the 1st part in an assembly is grounded & cannot be moved, this is shown by a thumb tack symbol in the browser. If you right click the part in the assembly or browser & uncheck 'grounded' you will then be able to move the part.

See whether there are parts in our assembly that are adaptive. Once you disable the adaptivity you will have the free motion between parts in the directions that has no constraints.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back