Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Mating line/Axis to Plane?

A

arlenn

This is something i used to do ALOT in inventor and solid works, is there such a mate in solid edge?

Is it even possible to create a reference axis, similar to that of inventor and solidworks?

I am attempting a tube construction, a large diameter tube is to have two smaller diameter tubes pass though its centre. I can cut the odd-ball angled holes out of the large diameter tube no problem, i can align the smaller tubes to cut outs, but i would like to mate the tube centre of the smaller tubes (identified by a sketch line) to the centre plane of the larger tube. again something i used to do all the time with inv. and sw.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Use the Mate relationship. Display the sketch from the part. Choose a curve segment from the sketch that is planar, then choose the plane to mate to.

I can send an example to you if you need. Email me directly.

Eric

I start with a part template in which I have created three sketches, one on each reference plane. Each sketch only contains a dot. The dot you can connect to a plane or line or use axial relationship to fix the part along an axis.

Mating a line to a plane works, but don't use fastconnect, select "mate" or "planar align" specifically.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back