Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Fields & Attributes

Calandra

I have a title block that is attributed and I want to display some information in 2 places. Rather than duplicating the attributes that users have to give values to I have tried to use fields to display the value of another attribute. problem is. the fields only display the default value for the attribute and the current edited value. Any suggestions?

Make all the attributes in your title block, make it a block, and use the Ctrl+F function to enter the field data. Don't do it in text before making your block as it will not work. It's a bit of a pain because anyone can screw up your fields by over riding the Ctrl+F data in the attribute block, but it's the only way it works. I put all those fields at the bottom of the attribute dialog box and mark them with a "Ctrl+F to enter data" type statement. Hope it was helpful.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back