Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Extrude length

Balin

I am having problem while using the extrude command, when asked for distance, I used to just click on two points and it will extrude to that length. I can't seem to find a solution to do that in 2007. Any suggestions?

You just need to actually rotate the elevational views 90 degrees from the x axis and use the original y as the z axis and use that to pick the height. Another way to do this is to use "QuckCalc" ('quickcalc or CTRL+8). Begin the extrude command and when asked for a distance, run quickcalc and press the "Distance between 2 points" button. Then pick the 2 points you wish. The calculator will come back and then you just press "Paste to Command Line", hit enter, and it will extrude the object to the needed distance.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back