Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Surfaces disappearing any ideas?

Michaelalton

Hi there, I'm trying to scale down a shelled out body with quite complex surfaces, Whenever I do some of the curved surfaces dissapear. It's a solid body so I can't really understand what's going wrong. I've tried scaling it before it's shelled out but the issue remains. It only happens when the scaling gets below a certian size 0.9 works fine but 1/18 fails. I've attached the model file and a pic of the problem, if anyone could help i would be really grateful

Bodywork.SLDPRT

(solidworks part file) sorry i couldn't attach it, it's a little over the file limit

Thanks

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 6
I donwloaded your model had it's just a graphics issue, try going to Image quality and changing your "Shaded and Draft quality HLR/HLV resolution" higher alsmost to the red and check "Optimize edge lenght). After I did that the model displayed fine at 1/18 scale.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back