Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Assembly features not showing in draft

jochen

Hi,

I've just finished a 3D model of a construction using Solid Edge v20 academic version and now have a problem with the draft drawing:

The construction is an assembly of parts and sub-assemblies. Moreover, I have added "assembly features", namely a few threaded holes, in some pieces of the assembly. When I create a new construction drawing, I select (check) the checkbox to display "assembly features". However, none of these features are actually displayed in the drawing (draft).

Is there anything else that needs to be done?
Or is this a general problem of Solid Edge v20?

Thank you for you help in advance,
Jochen

i feel (felt) your pain

I know this post is ancient, but I had so much pain with this issue I just had to post the solution that I bumped into..

When you have Assembly features there's no way on earth you can get them to show up on drafts, even if the 'show assembly features' box is ticked in the Drawing View properties, and the Assembly features are definitely not suppressed.

So, the solution is: with the assembly open, click Save As, Save Selected Model, click on the target part with the assembly features, and presto! here you have a copy of the part with the assembly features in it.

Hope this helps, happy drafting y'all

Hi,

I've just finished a 3D model of a construction using Solid Edge v20 academic version and now have a problem with the draft drawing:

The construction is an assembly of parts and sub-assemblies. Moreover, I have added "assembly features", namely a few threaded holes, in some pieces of the assembly. When I create a new construction drawing, I select (check) the checkbox to display "assembly features". However, none of these features are actually displayed in the drawing (draft).

Is there anything else that needs to be done?
Or is this a general problem of Solid Edge v20?

Thank you for you help in advance,
Jochen

I know this post is ancient, but I had so much pain with this issue I just had to post the solution that I bumped into..

When you have Assembly features there's no way on earth you can get them to show up on drafts, even if the 'show assembly features' box is ticked in the Drawing View properties, and the Assembly features are definitely not suppressed.

So, the solution is: with the assembly open, click Save As, Save Selected Model, click on the target part with the assembly features, and presto! here you have a copy of the part with the assembly features in it.

Hope this helps, happy drafting y'all

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back