Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

quick 3d section in rhino???

janmoni

Hi.
I am looking for a tool to draw quick 3d section in rhino.
Maybe an area that i draw through my 3d objects and one site is hided?
Something like that exists in SketchUp, for example...

Is there any Tool / any Plugin like that?
Or some alternative?

I know the section command... but its drawing just some more lines.
I am searching for something more 3d like.

Thanks for any help!!
Jan

there's no paint selection tool as far as I know of. Please, Please someone tell me if you find one.

There's lasso, but that only works on points.

For surfaces maybe you'd be looking for SelVisible which allows you to select only what is visible in your current view. It doesnt work Amazingly well though.

quick section in Rhino

there is a plugin for Rhino called "archcut" that allows you to create multiple 3D sections, much like Sketchup, but only as a visual tool. Its great for exporting images but it does not actually perform any Boolean operations, meaning that the section created does not disturb your model at all. It will actually create a new layer for you and place all 2D linework through that section onto the new layer. Hope this helps.

TJ

Its great for exporting images but it does not actually perform any Boolean operations, meaning that the section created does not disturb your model at all.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back