Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks Mate

silmon

Hi all!

Using Solidworks I want to give screw motion to an assembly but I cannot achieve it yet!

In the picture Part 1 is mated with the shaft (Part 3) using "Concentric" and "Coincident" mates. Part 2 is mated with the shaft only using "Concentric" mate. Now, I want the half cylinder (part 5) fixed on the part 1 to follow the other cylinder noted as part 4 like as the below picture.

When I rotate the part 1, part 5 will touch and push part 2 with the help of part 4 as in the below video. I captured the video using "Physical Dynamics" defining it between Part 4 and Part 5.

But I want to do this using mates. Can you help me? If needed, I can put drawings modeled using SW2008. Thanks for answers.

Literally only been using SolidWorks for 3 days so forgive me if this is rubbish but wouldn't it be possible using the "Cam" mate between the whole bottom face of part 2 and top face of part 5 then put an Advanced Distance mate between part 1 and part 2 to stop it popping over the top of part 5?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back