Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3d align command in Rhino 3D?

Alexa

Please help! Does anyone know if there is a command in Rhino that aligns objects like it does in autocad's "align" command? I basically want to scale something and align it to a curve on a different cplane.

Hi Alexa, I don't use Autocad so I don't know what it's "align" command does exactly. But: did you try TRANSFORM > ARRAY > ALONG CURVE in Rhino?

Thank you, but that doesn't really seem to work, although I maybe using the command incorrectly.

You actually inspired me to investigate other transformation tools, and I tried TRANSFORM>ORIENT>2 POINTS which allowed me to move my obect to the right cplane. I still need to scale it, but it saves me using the rotate command twice!

I still need to know a better way to do this! Its not efficient enough! :confused:

Hi Alexa, somehow my last response got lost in cyberspace :mad:
In short: I would use the rhino plugin Grasshopper (Grasshopper - generative modeling for Rhino) to align, scale and create arrays altogether. It's a bit hard to grasp in the beginning but very useful.
Otherwise a screenshot would be helpful to illustrate your problem.

Thank you for your advice. I'll try grasshopper next time. It doesn't seem very hard to use... Or is that just wishful thinking? :rolleyes:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back