Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Galaxy Chocolate Model

Will112

hi, I have been asked to create a model of a piece of galaxy chocolate which will ultimately be CNCd. I am quite familiar with rhino although dont have much experience of organic shapes such as this. I know there is the option of T-splines but have been told to stick with nurbs as i will get a better, more controlled model?

This is the image i have been given. (it is the standard out now in the UK if that helps anyone)

choc-piece-small.jpg

Thanks.

From my experience, T-Splines converts into very accurate NURBS surfaces.
Anyway, what I'm able to identify from the very small image, that piece of chocolate doesn't look overly complicated to be modeled with NURBS. Do you have a larger image? To me as non-UK resident, galaxy chocolate is not familiar...

Hi, Check these images out. The more i study them the more i think t-splines?

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 3
Yummy :D
Yes, I think using T-Splines would be the most simple approach; although it would be possible to model that with splines and surfaces with a bit more effort.
After having converted the T-Spline to NURBS you should project the letter (G) onto the surface, split it, create an offset and fillets.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back