Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

sprin problems

roald

I have a problem which i know is solvable but i just can't do it. Im making a shockabsorber which is not very hard at first i made the piston and places to connect a spring i made a spring using a twisted sweep around an undefined line. this way i can easily drag the endpoint of the line up and down in my sketch making it a spring but when i put it in an assembly the last known position of the line gets saved and my spring is stuck in my assmbly. i cannot attach one side of my shockabsorber to a frame and move the other because of the spring i have tried using other ways such as the built in helix function or making small parts of a spring and mating them but it doesnt work. If anyone here knows how to make it look like this : YouTube - Shock Absorber SolidWorks Example please please help me

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back