Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rhino Block Manager

3duser

Hi, :)

does anyone know how to work efficiently with blocks in Rhino SR4? I am building a rather complex model (a computer including all the nitty gritty parts).
I really don't want every object (and especially not the curves used for modelling) to appear in the big component assembly file, but whatever I do, the curves are always inserted - even though the blocks were defined to include only the 3d geometry.

Here's what I did:

1. I have created various files (one for each component)
2. each component was then made a block out of
3. a separate file is linked with the component files and blocks are inserted

Here's what happens:

Yes, blocks are inserted nicely and are updated each time I make changes to the original file - great! However, all the trash data used for modelling (mainly construction curves) are also inserted. The file is a mess. Now all wouldn't be so bad if I could just turn off the curves. But when I try, the 3d geometry is also turned off.

Is there any way of linking blocks without importing the curves - while the blocks will automatically update?
Looking forward to any ideas.:)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back