Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

TopSolid 7 Sub Forum?

Ofy

Hi!

I would like to create a TopSolid 7 community and exchange with other TopSolid 7 users.

Meanwhile you can join the "TopSolid 7" social group. To do so: click on "User CP" link in top menu, then click "Social Groups" in left menu and search for "TopSolid 7" group.

See you later in TopSolid 7 group!

OFY

Last edited:
TopSolid 7.3

Hello,

I use TopSolid 7 since one year, i have started to use V7.2, now it's 7.3. I like the user interface, i suceeded to start using it without any training. What is really interesting in V7 is the Project tree for organizing your files, you can move, rename your files and your assembly references remains correct. I have found a blog about TopSolid 7 : www.topsolidblog.com. By the way if you want to test it, there is a trial version here: TopSolid 7 - Download

I like the idea to create a sub forum. To share our experience about this product.

Gilbert

Loft

I would like to have some help regarding Lofted shapes it's quite difficult for adding matching points. Do you know how to make it easily?

Service Pack 2

I know that they are improvements in Service Pack 2. Now it's easier to add points to lotfed shapes, the dialog for adding points is now movable and is reshown each time you add points. Service Pack 2 will be released in March, and be downloadable through TopSolid'Update as usual.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks for the answer it's exactly what i wanted, to be able to keep the dialog onto screen and continue pikcing points. They have understood what we wanted, great!

Sp2

I have installed SP2. It's true that improvements have been made to lofted shapes. There are also some performance issues with surfaces Checking, now it's faster.

By the way, do you know how to exchange packages with another user and make documents unique during Import/Export actions? It seems that replication is the key. I don't understand if we can replicate and replicate as long as we want. What's make sure that a document is always the same one?

Free Shape in TopSolid 7

A nice video about Free Shape edition. Video is on YouTube but you can find an article on TopSolid Blog:

Free Shape Design in TopSolid 7 |

It's about importing external file formats and start modifying these imported shapes in TS 7, even if you don't have the operations which initially have built these shapes. By the way, watch the video, it's easy to understand :)

TopSolid 7 Community

I agree with you Ofy, it would be nice to have a TopSolid 7 community. Is there any petition or something like that, do i have to sign somewhere? Tell me what to do to support your request.

Adrien

SP2 date

Do you know when Service Pack 2 will be available, i have only SP1 on my laptop. Is there a release date?

SP2 in one or two weeks

SP2 is released to every customers in 1 or 2 weeks. For the moment only beta testers can install it, SP2 is being validated.

To Adrien

Adrien, i guess the best thing you can do is to send an email to "Contact us" link below, and ask for the creation of a TopSolid 7 community. I cannot create a petition in this forum, but i'm really happy to read you replies. Thanks :)

I totally support this request, a TopSolid 7 sub forum would be nice addition to this community.

Adrien, check out www.topsolidblog.com. When SP2 is released it will be announced there. You can also find tips & tricks, tutorials, videos and more to help you get started with Topsolid 7.

/Daniel

Ofy, I agree as well. It would be great to have our own forum for TopSolid.

And Adrien, SP2 brings a lot of good improvements! at least from this beta testers point of view!

I agree

I agree it would be great to have a thread specifically for TopSolid users. How can one be added?

Ola

Me llamo Ramon. But i will speak english. I've installed 7.3.201.25 with live update. It's the SP2 version you talk about. Do you know i fwhen you export a draft document whether the bill of material is also exported? Obviously it's an important question. By th way i really like that when you export file, all the required files are automatically included. It's really better than before, you don't have to think about that.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back