Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Show/Hide 2D Views by parameter

nickvans

Hi All,

I am trying to create a generic drawing for an assembly that is built around parameters. One of these parameters in "end_type" which drives the activation or deactivation of several features on the part using knowledgeware. (For instance, an end_type = 1 puts four holes near the end of the part, and end_type = 2 puts two slots in etc.) I have created isolated drawings for each of the different end_type values and would like to be able to show only those views which apply to the part.

Can anyone help me get to the property of the view that controls it's visibility? (I've tried 'Sheet.1\Front View\Activate' and similar when creating the rule, but CATIA puts on its angry face and tells me there is no such operator.

Any help from you wondrous CATIA deities would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Well, I figured it out. Create a rule and use the syntax:

`Sheet.1\View Name`.Show = false

to hide the view. The full rule might look like

if(Parameter_name == false)
{
`Sheet.1\View Name`.Show = false
}
else
{
`Sheet.1\View Name`.Show = true
}

Hurah.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the "Let" command does?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back