Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3D CAD workstation deployment

fcastle

I need help solving a hardware deployment problem for a client! I've got just over 1500sq ft of floor space + 300-400 sq ft max for IT data center. I've got to get 20 3D CAD / 3D graphics artists, plus 4-5 admin & managers into this physical space. Workstation configuration will depend upon job function of each employee, but minimum configuration will be Core 2 Quad with 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 9800GT. Maximum configuration (at this point)will be Dual Quad Core Xeons, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 x 2 (quad monitor config).

For those of you out there who manage or operate in small and/or medium-sized offices and studios, how do you manage the PC real estate, noise, & heat issues in limited spaces? How do you plan for growth? Your help is appreciated!

fcastle

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back