Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3D-sketch and extrude trouble

mayhassen

Hi all.
I made a simple 3D-sketch. Its just 3 walls in the basement, which are angled (its for climbing).
My goal is to visualize before bulding, with the options of changing areas, angles etc.
Therefore my sketch is made up of a few constraints, and all seems to work great.
Until, the 3D part. When I want to extrude one side, my sketch disappears (I find it again), then I'm not able to extrude the rest.
I've tried a lot, and some errors say: cannot due to self-intersecting.. or closed geometry (or similar)

I've run the repair sketch, everything seems fine, every line is defined (all black lines).

Maybe I'm approaching this all wrong, do not know ,since I'm quite new to this. All hints on how to proceed/or start over again are very very welcomed.

-Oyvind-

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back