Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3D sketch dimensioning problem

Hi,

I'm trying to build a 3D model of a bent semi-rigid cable from a customer drawing for import into a cable bending machine. It's a particularly complicated one involving more than just two planes. The problem I'm running into is that the customer drawing has straight dimensions for the standard views but no leg lengths or angles I can use to lock the sketch. If I attempt to dimension my sketch across somewhere involving more than two dimensions SOLIDWORKS gives me the diagonal distance. I need a way to lock the dimensions as if they were projected onto one plane at a time.

Does a feature like this exist in SOLIDWORKS 2007? Is there another more logical way to model something like this?

Thanks,
Max

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back