Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

connecting parts in an assembly

newCADuser

Hello all!

I'm new to SolidWorks..only a little experience with it...and I'm trying to create an assembly out of two separate parts. My component X and my component Y are in the shape of a rectangular box. I want them to match up so they are attached to each other on their side faces. They need to be securely attached for when I run different testing simulations on them.

Would anyone be able to guide me into the right direction as how to make sure they are truly locked together?

Also, I find it hard to get them at the same angle and same plane.

I've been using mates and the move/rotate component functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Using mates should be the easiest way. Can you post some pictures showing what you need and what you geeting. If you can upload parts/assembly also, someone may do a check of what you might be doing wrong.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back