Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help in modelling of lamp Luxo Jr. from animated film of Pixar Studio

ingvarn

Hello! I need a help in the modelling of famous lamp of Luxo Jr. from animated film of Pixar Studio (YouTube - luxo jr). All tutorials about inverse kinematics, which I found in Internet and in books, are applied to the simple (single, broken) chains of the linked objects. My case is more difficult: the kinematics chain of objects is closed (see attached picture 1,2:
picture-1.jpg

picture-2.jpg

I can not compel it to move correctly under animation. During the motion two parts of chain move not synchronously and disintegrate. Whether it is possible here to apply only an inversion kinematics or it is needed to apply a skeleton from bones and attach all of details of lamp to the bones. May be someone has lessons on creation and animation of such models. 3ds Max 9 file with models of lamp is here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting It will be very beholden for a help.
Pictures is here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back