Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Spring Simulation in ST2

theunfrailhale

I am taking a class in ST 2 at the moment, and I am working a project that ventures into un-covered material in our course up to this point.

I have an assembly that I need to add some spring tension to a part. The spring i need would be about the same size as a spring from a click pen, exact dimensions:
od: .1 in
uncompressed: 2 in
compressed: 1 in

I was able to use the engineering reference option in an ANSI synchronous assembly and figured out the make-up of my spring, however, once it is modeled (it looks great btw ) it doesn't handle like a normal part. i am unable to perform any assembly functions such as axial align or mate or the like..

i don't need a spring per se, but i need simulated spring action. it needs to perform on my part a role similar to vehicular suspension, with the pressure simulated in movement. any ideas?

thanks in advance.
Dave

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back