Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creating a variable Thin wall section

ePrice

Hi everyone,

I'm designing a hollow wing section and I'm trying to create a variable skin thickness. I've created an outer profile and protruded it no problems. I then hollow out the wing using the thin wall function.

I can create a variable in the variable table so I can just type in a different skin thickness but I can't link it to the thin wall operation. I want to make it automatically change the thickness of the thin wall for whatever value i put in. Is this possible or do I have to do it manually?

Cheers

Elwyn

Eprice

Do you work in traditional or Synchronous?

In Synchronous, the thickness is a procedural feature, as of today procedural dimensions are not exposed in the variable table.

I would recommend to use a traditional workflow, this way the thin wall dimension will be exposed, giving you the chance to build a formula.

Can't upload picture....

But there is a small funnel at the top, click on it and make sure that all types of variables are select. Also select "both" at the bottom

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back